(Effective from: March 13, 2019)
This data privacy statement explains, how, respectively, what personal data and/or other person related data (complete: „person related data“) is being collected, respectively used during access by website users on the website www.companycheck.ch (hereinafter the “website”).
The website is accessed via transport encryption (SSL/TLS).
We process personal data in accordance with Swiss data protection law. We also process personal data – insofar as and to the extent that Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data, on the free movement of such data and on the repeal of Directive 95/46/EC (hereinafter “GDPR”) applies – in accordance with at least one of the following legal bases:
- Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR for the necessary processing of personal data in order to protect the legitimate interests pursued by of us or a third party, unless the fundamental freedoms, rights and interests of the data subject prevail. In particular, legitimate interests include our business interest in being able to provide our website, information security, the enforcement of our own legal claims and compliance with Swiss law.
- Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b GDPR for the necessary processing of personal data for the performance of a contract with the data subject and for the implementation of corresponding pre-contractual measures.
- Art. 6 para. 1 lit. c GDPR for the necessary processing of personal data to fulfil a legal obligation to which we are subject under any applicable EU law or under any applicable law of a country in which the DSGVO is fully or partially applicable.
- Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR for the processing of personal data with the consent of the data subject.
- Art. 6 para. 1 lit. d GDPR for the necessary processing of personal data in order to protect vital interests of the data subject or another natural person.
We process the personal data required to provide our online services in a permanent, user-friendly, secure and reliable manner. Such personal data may fall into the categories of inventory and contact data, content data, usage data, marginal data as well as contract data.
We process personal data for as long as it is necessary for the purpose or purposes in question or legally required. Personal data that no longer needs to be processed will be anonymised or deleted.
We also process personal data we receive from third parties, obtain from publicly accessible sources or collect when providing our online services, if and to the extent that such processing is legally permitted.
Cookies can be stored in your browser temporarily as so-called “session cookies” when you visit the website or for a certain period of time as so-called “permanent cookies”. “Session cookies” are automatically deleted when you close your browser. “Permanent cookies”, above else, enable your browser to be recognised the next time you visit the website and thus measure for example the reach of the website. “Permanent cookies” may also be used, for example, for online marketing purposes.
The website allows users to fill in contact forms. We only store data that website users have entered themselves and where explicit consent to their processing has been given.
Third party services
We may use third party services to provide our online services in a durable, user-friendly, secure and reliable manner. Such services may also be used to embed content into our online offering. Such services require your Internet Protocol (IP) address, otherwise they will not be able to transmit the relevant content. Such services may be located outside Switzerland and the European Economic Area (EEA) and/or the European Union (EU), provided that adequate data protection is guaranteed.
The website is hosted by Hostpoint AG in Rapperswil-Jona, Switzerland. When accessing the website, the user’s Internet browser transmits the following log data to the web server:
- Date of Access
- Time of access
- URL of the referring (previously visited) Website (referrer URL)
- Requested data
- Transmitted data volume
- Response, whether request was successful
- Browser type and version
- Operating system and version
- Hostname of the accessing computer (IP-address)
The log data is being saved by Hostpoint AG according to legal regulations. The stored data is being used for the purpose of tracing illegal access attempts and accesses on the webserver. An additional usage of log data takes place solely for statistical purposes in anonymous form by the web analysis tool StatCounter. Search keywords, which have been entered in the website’s search box by the individual users are only being used for search queries.
Unless you explicitly give us your consent for further processing purposes, we process data transmitted to us within the scope of the Sales Performance CheckCiM and KAM Performance CheckCiM via Typeform exclusively for the following purposes:
- To evaluate your sales organization and its interaction with your customer management processes;
- To examine your service offering and the internal leadership practices of your company;
- To evaluate your company’s monitoring and con-trol system to measure and ensure success.
In addition, we combine this data within the scope of the Sales Performance CheckCiM in a completely anonymous form with data from other users of the Sales Performance CheckCiM to facilitate benchmarking (comparative analysis of re-sults or processes with a fixed reference value or reference process). All identifiable information about each user of the Sales Performance CheckCiM is removed and the data is combined with other anonymized data before it is shared with other users.
Data transfer to third parties
We only pass on personal data collected via the website if (a) the person concerned has expressly consented, (b) there is a legal obligation to do so or (c) this is necessary to enforce our rights, in particular to enforce claims arising from a contractual relationship.
Users of the website have the right, upon written request and free of charge, to obtain information about the personal data of the user stored during the visit to the website. Moreover, the user has the right to have incorrect personal data about him corrected and his personal data deleted. However, information can only be provided and requests for blocking and deletion can only be processed by us if the user identifies himself/herself sufficiently and informs us in written form of the IP address(es) used when accessing the website.
Persons about whom we process personal data have the right to lodge a complaint with a responsible data protection supervisory authority. The supervisory authority for data protection in Switzerland is the Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (FDPIC).
Enquiries from affected persons and supervisory authorities can be sent to us as follows:
Center for Industrial Marketing St. Gallen AG
9015 St. Gallen
Our data protection representative in the EU in accordance with art. 27 GDPR is:
VGS Datenschutzpartner UG
Am Kaiserkai 69